I did a clean install of Windows 10 on a brand new SSD.
- It was relatively straightforward and quick.
- It also rebooted seamlessly without requiring me to remove the DVD so it could boot from the hard drive.
- Most hardware worked out of the box, but not the speakers.
- I was able to solve the speakers problems via a few clicks (update driver here, properties there), without going to Google
- By default a lot of data goes to Microsoft: browsing history, typing information (whatever it is), et cetera.
- It asked me a lot of questions about how I want to use Wi-Fi. The problem is, my desktop does not have Wi-Fi capability (shocking, eh?), but they never bothered to check.
- It never asked me about the time zone and determined it “automatically” instead by putting me on the West Coast. Wrong!